We specialise in books about Scotland, by subject, content or author. We cover a whole range of topics - in particular, what is distinctive about Scotland’s History and Culture, Languages & Music, Geology & Geography, Food & Drink, Natural History and Transport Systems.
The purpose of focusing on Scotland is not to be narrow but simply to differentiate ourselves from our competitors and offer a range and depth not available in mainstream bookshops - or even online. Moreover, you are welcome to browse – something you can't really do online!
Having operated as a specialist bookshop in the Highlands for over 25 years we are passionate about topics of Scottish interest. We have often advised individuals and institutions who wished to build up a library so please don’t hesitate to ask if you require assistance. We can order any books you want - they don't have to be Scottish!
We also offer a good general range of Children’s books – with Scottish authors and topics well represented!
We have books on:
- Scottish History and Archaeology
- Scottish Literature and modern Scottish fiction
- Gaelic Books
- Books in Scots
- Books of Regional Interest (Galloway to Aberdeen to Shetland – but lots on Glasgow)
- Books for the Outdoors: Walking, Climbing, Yachting, Canoeing, Cycling
- Books on Transport: Railways, Ferries, Trams, Buses and Aeroplanes
- Books on Natural History and Geology
- Books on Art, Architecture, Music, Dance and Theatre
- Books on Cookery and Whisky
- Reference Books and Atlases
- Books on Travelling Folk
- Biography and Autobiography
- Military and Naval History
- Picture Books & Books of Photographs
- Holiday & Tourist Guides
- Children’s Books, ranging from;
- First cloth books,
- Board books,
- Bath books,
- Through to teenage fiction.
Book Tokens sold and exchanged.
Payments by cash, debit card, credit card and American Express. Mail order enquiries welcome.